Saturday, July 05, 2014

Walking and memorising

In May, 2013 Joan and i became the proud owners of Baxter, born 10th November 2010, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and Louie, born 6th July, 2012, a miniature poodle cross, perhaps a shoodle.

It wasn't long before we realised that walking them individually would be much more peaceful than walking them together.

So, every day [nearly] Joan and I go for about a half an hour walk. Nearly every time, I walk with Louie. Occasionally, we swap, or I walk both dogs.

During the past year I have been attempting to memorise Scripture as I walk. I firstly had a crack at memorising Colossians 1 in the ESV translation, and also tried to learn Genesis 1 and John 1, both in the King James Version.

I have not got very far with this, but I have learnt or relearnt 15 psalms, in the venerable KJV. It has been much harder learning one I had not been familiar with, than revising ones I had learnt in Sunday School.

These are my first 15 psalms. If you look them up, you'll see they are some of  the shorter ones!
Psalms
Book 1
1, 8
14, 15
23
Book 2
46
54
70
Book 3
82
Book 4
100
Book 5
117, 121
133, 134
150

There are still about 30 that have less than ten verses, which I hope to draw on, over the next year.

There's a lot of variety in the Psalms. You could study them for your whole life and not exhaust them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: