Friday, January 19, 2007

Upgrading my organiser

Yesterday I got a belated Christmas present, which is my own dithering fault. But it is worth the wait. I have been using a Palm Zire [cheapest one available] for 3 years. It is very helpful being able to put my contacts, daily schedule, favourite quotes, information that I need and thoughts in one place.

And I like being able to store the information on my computer and retrieve it. So yesterday, I again bought the cheapest Palm Pilot available, which is called a Palm Z22 handheld.

The old one had 2 megs onboard, and there was no room for downloading any programs, but this one has 32 megs, and I have been able to install a Sudoku game and some great bible software from Laridian.com which includes the My Bible program and a Daily Reader program, which allows you to read e-books that are divided up for handy daily reading.

You can read more about the programs I put on my organiser at my What I'm Reading blog.

The new Zire has a colour screen and a light, making it much more easy to use, though I can't see the screen very well when I'm outside.

It has successfully caught all my stuff from my first one, but ...
it has not kept my categories, so I have about 300 memos I have to sort into financial, quotes, and student timetables, etc!

Fortunately the addresses are still in their groups.

3 comments:

Shane Becker said...

We have more in common than I ever imagined! I also own a palm!!
Shane.

David McKay said...

Hi Shane
Does your Palm fail from time to time?

I used to own a 2 meg Zire and now have a 30 meg Palm Z22.

The 2 meg jobbie never failed. Not in 3 years.

But my new one has already faield twice.

Once it needed a hard reset, but the second time was back working again after a soft reset.

Hope it won't do this when I'm away from home. Very annoying.

One of the doctors in our church has a Palm [more fancy and more expensive than mine]. His fails from time to time, too.

armando said...

If you want to try out something new in sudoku, try shendoku, using the sudoku rules but playing two people, one against the other, like battleshipps. They have a free version to download at http://www.shendoku.com/sample.pdf . Anything else they are bringing out or they are working on you can find at www.shendoku.com or at they´r blog www.shendoku.blogspot.com . Have fun, I am. I specially like one slogan I heard about Shendoku: SUDOKU is like masturbation (on your own)…. SHENDOKU is like sex (it takes two).