Sunday, August 15, 2004

The rest of my life

I think I have just discovered what I am going to do for the rest of my life. It is not really a surprise, but I am hoping that the next however many years will be productive, as I seek to support indigenous missions in Asia through organisations such as Gospel For Asia.

Through reading my free copy of Revolution in World Missions I have come to realise how little of the previous 50 years has been spent in bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to the 3 billion people in the world today who have never heard it.

There is a lot of talk in Christian churches about the 10/40 window, but Gospel For Asia is doing more than just talking, with their 14,000 indigenous missionaries and 133 bible colleges training those dedicated folk.

I am praying God will use me to enlist many others to support our brothers and sisters doing this strategic work.