Sunday, December 19, 2021

 Questions

Each time I read through the Bible, questions come up as I read. But, because I am on a mission to read through the whole Bible, I keep going, and leave the questions brewing in my brain.

But this time, which I think is my 21st since 2005, I'm hoping to at least note down a few questions as I go. Not sure if I'll find the answers, though.

My questions are not mainly theological, though some are. Often, they are just about curiosities that I notice as I read. Others may be big, big unsolvable questions!

I've only just finished reading the flood story. Here are two questions: 

1. God tells Noah to take seven of each clean animal into the ark. See Genesis 7:2 and 8:20 How did Noah know which were the clean animals?

2. There are many ancient flood stories from many different civilisations and times. Most are older than the Genesis flood story as it stands. What are we to make of this?

I write as a convinced believer in the complete trustworthiness of the Scriptures, happily subscribing to 

The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy


No comments: