Tuesday, December 22, 2020

 Is Your Coffee Grounds For Divorce?

My wife and I have just celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary. Shortly after we were married, we saw this punny headline in some advertising. We have drunk a lot of coffee over the years, and have used a plunger (French press) for ages, but decided to try something new, and recently bought a great Breville coffee maker.

It took a while to learn how to use it, but we can both make a pretty decent cup now. But this morning, while I was going through the procedure of grinding, tamping and filtering, I got distracted and wasn't sure whether to dump the coffee and start again, or make the best out of a bad situation. I chose the latter option, and when Joan tasted her coffee she said "This isn't the best cup you've made. But you've made so many great ones, I can forgive this one."

I couldn't help thinking that that is a great way to live, and hope to take it as a model for the rest of the years which God gives us together. 


No comments: