Saturday, April 17, 2010

Vale, Internet Monk

For the whole time that I have been online, I have enjoyed reading Michael Spencer's interesting and thought-provoking posts. This is about 14 years. Michael called himself The Internet Monk. He wrote about all kinds of issues. He was honest and rubbed some folk the wrong way. But you always knew his heart was in the right place.

I don't know why it has taken so long to find out about his passing on 5th April. I saw it in a brief statement by Frank Turk, which he had posted on 6th April, but which I only just spotted.

Michael had a battle with cancer and from 22nd February was unable to continue his internet ministry.

Some folk had silly fights with Michael when he didn't dot all the required "i"s and cross the requisite number of "t"s. Almost all of those squabbles were completely unnecessary.

I miss Michael very much.

It is good to see that his site is going to be maintained. It's well worth checking it out.

No comments: